CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »








"You are hereby called to serve in the Romania, Bucharest Mission, to serve in Chisinau, Moldova for eighteen months..."











Slideshow of Where We'll Be Serving...

Sunday, June 14, 2009



Many of our family and friends have commented how wonderful it is for Wendy and I to serve a mission. Well.....The real story is these wonderful young missionaries who commit 18 to 24 months, in the prime of their lives, to serve their Heavenly Father and his children all over the world. Wendy and I have been privileged to work with these wonderful young men and women for the past nine months. These photo's are some of those we have had the privilege to serve with. We are looking forward to the next nine months and meeting more of these wonderful missionaries.
These dedicated missionaries are absolutely amazing. They follow the mission rules to a "T". They are up at 6:30am every morning. They have study time and are out "on the streets" by 10:00am every day. They contact members, they street contact, they knock on doors, they do whatever it takes to spread the gospel message. And they do it because they want to! They love each other, they have fun, and we have fun with them. They manage their time themselves, they are mature when needed and 19 to 22 year old's when its appropriate.
Working with these missionaries makes Wendy and I even more proud of our four son's who served missions. When we sit in District meetings or Zone Conferences and witness the missionaries conducting the meetings and training each other I can see our son's doing the same things themselves.
Wendy and I are proud to serve the Lord, but remember we are at the end or our careers, we have completed our education and raised our family. These young men and women are just starting and are happy to give two years, of their lives, to the Lord. We areimpressed, we love them and are proud to serve with them.

2 comments:

Sora Lundberg said...

We love them, and you two, as well. Being on a mission is wonderful!

Elizabeth said...

Is Elder Thompson there!?!?! That's my boy! I absolutely love that kid! I know we are not suppose to have favorites...but I do! I miss the mission SOOO much. Sometimes I make myself completely trunky looking at mission pictures and I have to get up and do something so I don't start crying. My time was done though. I was able to talk to the Hansons on Skype! We need to set up a time! Evenings are good for me...and Saturdays and Sundays. I love you and miss you both!!!